Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pre-Trip Report: Friday, September 5th - First Full Day on the Disney Dream Part One

Happy Wednesday to you all!

The next day of the Pre-Trip Report covers my first full day on the Disney Dream - Friday, September 5th.  Since this is a shorter cruise (3 nights), I want to make sure I take the time to relax, while still exploring the ship and what it has to offer.  The boat docks in Nassau this day, but since I have been to Nassau quite a few times, I plan on just staying on the boat.

I plan on getting up in the morning, doing a walk around Deck 4 and then getting some breakfast at Cabanas.  I don't plan on setting an alarm but I naturally wake up around 7:30AM.  I like to get in at least a bit of walking on the cruise line (all the yummy food catches up with you!) and so each morning I plan on doing some laps around Deck 4.  Three times around the deck is a mile, and it's a nice way to start the day.

For breakfast at Cabanas I will have what I always have, my standard DCL breakfast: A Mickey waffle with strawberries and Eggs Benedict.  YUM!  I love both those items and for whatever reason don't have them a lot at home, so it's definitely a vacation treat.

After breakfast, I will go back to my stateroom, put on my suit and head up to the deck for some Kindle reading and relaxing.  One of my absolute favorites parts of a Disney Cruise is hanging out on deck, reading and watching the world go by.

After lunch, I plan on hitting up the Senses Spa for a few hours.  I bought a day pass to the Rainforest Room at Senses Spa; it's INCREDIBLE, and they only sell so many passes during a cruise.  You can reserve yours before the cruise leaves or at the spa but be sure and do it your first day. For the daily fee (it was $16), you get exclusive use of saunas, special showers (with varying temperatures and even scents!), these awesome heated loungers and special hot tubs. If you think you'll use the Rainforest Room a lot on your stay, you can also buy a package deal for the length of your cruise.  The last time I did this, it was $99 per couple; that was on a 4 night cruise, so the prices for other lengths could be different.  And keep in mind - a couple doesn't have to be you and a spouse / significant other!  You can sign up with your mom, a girlfriend, etc.

After a really difficult morning / early afternoon of kicking back and hanging out, I'll probably consult the daily Navigator (the schedule of all events on the ship) and see if there are any fun things I want to attend.  Or, I might hit up the Buena Vista Theatre and see a movie.  Lots of options!

Coming up next update: Part Two of the Nassau day ~ in the meantime have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment