Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pre-Trip Report: A(nother) Slight Change in Plans

I hope you all have fun weekend plans ahead! Today, I am visiting a friend (who I met through Disney) in Wisconsin - I haven't seen her in quite a few months, so should be a fun day.

Then, it's ON with the trip packing and getting ready to go!  I fly out of Minneapolis on Saturday afternoon the 30th, so over the week of the 25th I am going to get my ducks in a row and start packing. I hate packing last-minute, because invariably I forget something important.  And never something minuscule - I always seem to remember the things I really probably don't need, while forgetting things like a toothbrush or deodorant.  Yes, you can buy these things at the resort but it's a pain to have to do so, especially because they are often marked up pretty high price-wise.

Today, in Pre-Trip news, I have a slight change in plans.  (Ellen, stop rolling your eyes at me, I can see you!! haha) I was looking over my itinerary and decided a few things.  First, while I really DO want to experience one of the Water Parks, after further reflection I decided I would prefer to do it on a trip where I had travel companions, so I am not going to take that Wednesday morning to explore Blizzard Beach.  Also - I am arriving in Orlando on Saturday, and saw there is a Fantasmic! showing that night, and decided to do that instead of on Sunday.  So, instead of doing Hollywood Studios on Sunday afternoon and evening, I am going to do it on Wednesday and then on Sunday afternoon, will be exploring Animal Kingdom.

I also have cousins who attend UCF in Orlando, and on Sunday afternoon we're going to bowl and have lunch at Splittsville at Downtown Disney, so that should be fun!

So, now the plan looks like this:

Saturday: Arrive at POP Century around 6:30-7:00 and go to Hollywood Studios to watch Fantasmic! at 8:30PM.

Sunday: Check out of POP, then head over to Downtown Disney and Splittsville.  In the late afternoon/early evening, go to Animal Kingdom.

Monday: Magic Kingdom, with lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Tuesday: Epcot, with lunch at Les Chefs de France.

Wednesday: Hollywood Studios, with dinner at Maya Grill in the evening.

Thursday: Kona Cafe for breakfast, then off to the Disney Dream!

One week from today, I will be in Orlando!  Eeek!  Cannot wait.

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment