Friday, September 19, 2014

Dining Review: Liberty Tree Tavern

On Monday, September 1st, I spent a lovely morning at Magic Kingdom.  After doing lots of attractions, it was time for lunch!  I made my way over to Liberty Tree Tavern.

I was excited, as I've not eaten here before but the reviews have always been pretty great.  It was quiet (a theme I would see all this week) and after checking in, I was able to be seated right away.

The menu has a variety of "traditional" fare - sandwiches, soups, salads, etc. I seriously considered ordering the BLT, as I LOVE a good BLT, but decided instead on the Colony Salad.  It's a salad with warm chicken, cranberries, cheese, green onions, apples and pecans with a very nice vinaigrette dressing. 

As I waited for my meal, I took a few pictures from my seat.  I was probably one of four groups dining at 11:30AM that day, so it was very quiet.



One nice thing about dining solo is that your food often comes pretty quick.  After only about 5-6 minutes of sitting at my table, my salad arrived.


YUM!! This was SO good and really hit the spot.  It was a super hot, sticky September day and having the cool salad was the perfect entree.

It was then time for dessert.  Remember, when you use a Table Service credit with the Dining Plan, you also get a dessert.  My lovely server told me all the choices, and then I asked his opinion on what I should order.  Without hesitation he said, "The Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake" and so that's what I chose!


Oh my goodness - this was SO GOOD.  Holy crap. The chocolate cookie / brownie, with the ice cream, AND chocolate sauce and caramel, AND toffee bits?! Be still be heart.  It was divine.  As you can see, it was HUGE and this could easily be split among 2 adults.

So, the verdict?  Would I eat here again?

Absolutely, 100%!  The food is good, the service is great and the atmosphere is wonderful.  There are so many more dishes here that I need to try, so you can believe I WILL be back!

Have a magical day!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment