Hello, everyone! Hope you're having a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I am having a blast down here and wanted to share with you my Sunday and what I did on my first full day at Disney World.
The morning started a Pop Century. I didn't need to be at Downtown Disney until about 10AM, so it was nice to sleep in and have a leisurely morning. I checked out of Pop, had my bags transferred over to Coronado, and made my way over to Downtown Disney.
After browsing in a few shops (and buying the Disney Dooney and Bourke I have been eyeing for YEARS - love it!!), I met my cousins and my cousin's girlfriend at Splittsville, the bowling alley and restaurant. I will write up a whole blog post about it later, but we had a great time. It's $20 per person to bowl for an hour and 15 minutes, and we got in almost 3 full games, which was great. The lanes are very nice, and the bowling alley is very cool and retro. We had a great time. Our scores, however, were nothing to brag about. :)
After we bowled, we ate at Splittsville and then the kids dropped me off at Coronado Springs, which will be my home for the next four nights. Again, a full blog post about Coronado is coming but - - spoiler alert - I LOVE it. Just adore it. I will be back here again.
It's been center-of-the-sun hot in Orlando, which is par for the course in August/September. I had thought about going to Animal Kingdom in the afternoon, but decided that a dip in the pool was a better idea.
It was heavenly - just what I needed. I walked around a bit, and discovered that the laundry facilities are mere steps from my room, which is awesome. I then went to the Lounge in my room section (I am in the Business section of rooms, as this is a Convention resort) and grabbed a few snacks and a Diet Coke.
I then came back to my room, and decided to hop over to Hollywood Studios for about a hour or so. I went on the Backlot Tour, walked through One Man's Dream and then headed back on the bus to Coronado. I grabbed a quick dinner, and went back to the room to rest up.
Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom (well, you'll be reading this Monday, so, today) and probably another afternoon in the pool.
I will also be posting an update on the Dining Plan, so look for that on Monday late-afternoon!
Thanks for following along - have a magical day!
No comments:
Post a Comment