When I see cool products and fun ways to bring Disney into your everyday life, I want to share them with you. Sharing is caring, right?
So, out of that desire to speak with other fun members of the Disney fan community and talk about how they show their love for Disney through creativity, a new feature on the blog was born - Let's Chat!
For our first installment I am super excited to bring you my chat with Mar from Mar Has That Bow! I have followed her on Instagram the last year or so and was immediately attracted to the ADORABLE bows she makes. She's super talented AND a really nice lady, and I can't wait for you all to check out the bows.
But first, Mar was nice enough to answer a few questions and share about her bows....so without further ado, Let's Chat!
* Your bows are super cute and creative! Where do you get your inspiration, and how do you choose what characters to feature?
Thank you so much! It's funny because I actually got the idea from the Minnie/Mickey mouse ears they sell at Disney World. I wanted another accessory that wasn't necessarily ears because they can't be worn in different ways, bows are more versatile.
In the beginning I used to choose my favorite characters, but with time I've learned which characters are the most popular ones or which ones my Bowtifuls like the most. Sometimes I also choose depending on what movie I watched that week, or I also get requests for custom ones that remind me of certain characters that aren't so popular.
[Mar calls her followers Bowtifuls -- how cute is that?!]
* How long have you been making bows?
It's been exactly one year and four months since I started Mar Has That Bow and I feel so blessed to have started, not only have I made bows, I've met some of the most amazing and wonderful people throughout.
* As an adult woman, I am ALL over the bows, I would totally rock them at the parks and on the cruise line! Do you have a lot of adults who buy the bows for themselves, vs their kids?
OMG yes! Honestly, believe it or not, I have more adults buying the bows for themselves than for their kids! And I love it, I mean who says adults can't wear bows, right? I also get a lot of mothers that want matching bows for them and their little princessess and I find that absolutely adorable.
* Which Disney destination is your favorite? And what Disney places are still on your travel bucket list?
This is a difficult one because I have been to Disney World, Disneyland Paris and on Disney Cruise Line (Castaway Cay is amazing!) and although I love them all, Disney World is home and it will hold my heart forever.
I would still love to visit Disneyland in California and in Tokyo as well as the Aulani Disney resort [in Hawaii] and more Disney cruises!
* OK, now for a silly question. What Disney character for you identify with, who best describes you?
Belle definitely ever since I was a little girl; I absolutely loved everything about her and the entire movie. However, my favourite characters in the movies are usually the grumpy ones, I don't know why but I absolutely love them (Grumpy from Snow White and Archimedes from The Sword in the Stone are my favourites).
Thank you so much for featuring me on your blog and thank you to all the Bowtifuls out there who have supported me on this journey!
Thank YOU, Mar! It was great to chat with you. Now, off to order my bows! :)
Because she's such a super sweetie, Mar is offering readers of The Most Delightful Place a discount on her items, now through March 15th, 2015! Just use code READER for 10% off of your order! Thanks, Mar! You can find her site at www.marhasthatbow.bigcartel.com.
And please follow her on social media! You'll be glad you did! Her Instagram account can be found at marhasthatbow.
Have a magical day!

No comments:
Post a Comment