Welcome to the first Sunday in January, and the resurgence of the Sunday with Friends blog series! I'm excited to be starting up this feature again in 2015; a giant THANK YOU to my fellow Disney fans who've signed up to be interviewed here. (And if you'd like to participate as well - send me an email to katie@mouseworldtravel.com!)
So without further ado, here is our first Friend of the year - Annette Cross-Peralta. (And who recognizes that man in the picture with Annette, to the right?!??!)
* Tell us a bit about yourself.
Hi, I'm Annette! I've been a huge Disney fan since I can remember. I know it's because of my name...yes, my mother named me after everyone's favorite Mouseketeer, but I embrace it happily! I'm 45, very happily married, have a 20 year old son, and work as a 9-1-1 dispatcher. We've been enjoying Disney vacations as a family since he was 4 1/2. Disneyland, Disney World, Disney Cruise, DVC...they are pretty much our only vacations. We've had the best memories and experiences at anything Disney. I've always been fascinated with "the man behind the mouse". I've read books about his life but was very moved by the Disney Family Museum at The Presidio in San Francisco. It's a must stop and see if you are ever in California. I'm such a huge crazy fan that I have 3 Disney tattoos, and one of those is almost a full back piece representing Disneyland! My dream job would be a Disney guide at any of the parks.
* What is your favorite time of year to visit the Disney parks or sail Disney Cruise Line?
It would have to be Christmas at the parks. Christmas is my favorite time of year and visiting Disneyland during that time is awesome. The warm gingerbread cookies on Main Street with a gingerbread latte is excellent. I've never had the opportunity to be on a cruise that time of year. It's on my to-do list for sure. But of course, any time at Disney is a great time!
* If you had to pick your favorite attraction at Disney World or Disneyland, what would it be?
This is difficult because they are completely different parks. At Disneyland I would have to say it's a tie between Pirates and the Matterhorn. Matterhorn at night especially. At WDW, out of all 4 parks I'd choose Everest. I absolutely LOVE this roller coaster.
* Tell us a story about one of your favorite memories from your Disney vacation(s).
Wow...I could go on for hours over some of the great things that have happened to use while at the parks, I can't pick just one.
DVC Member Cruise 2006: We had just gotten off the ship at Castaway Cay and were walking towards the bike rentals and I realized that walking up in front of us was Roy Disney, Walt's nephew!! To say I was shocked and VERY excited is an understatement. My husband told me to leave him alone, but I don't listen too well. :) He had stopped to look out towards the beach and I approached him and introduced myself. It was truly a moment I will never forget. To be meeting someone so close to Walt was truly an honor to me. We spoke for a few minutes. I'm sure I sounded like a crazy person, thanking him and telling him how many great family memories we had created because of Disney. He took a picture with me and we went on our way. I cried for almost 30 minutes after meeting him while riding our bikes. My son was like "you're crying? Why are you crying?" My husband just told him to let me be and I explained that that was probably the closest I'd ever get to meeting the man himself, with the exception of meeting Diane Disney.
Disneyland, July 17th 2005: Yes, we were 3 of those crazy people that ventured to the 50th Birthday of Disneyland. We left the park the day before at around 6:30pm and people were already lining up for the next day. We were a little worried about that, but we knew we needed some sleep. We were back and in line about 1:30am. At 4am, they started snaking the line throughout Disney's California Adventure (DCA) and handed out the free mouse ears. We were told they opened Disneyland an hour early to get in all 10,000 of us from DCA over and info Disneyland. When we got onto Main Street, cast members had taken it upon themselves to come out of the stores and clap, cheer and welcome us. It was like we were coming home or something. The rest of the day was filled with Diane Disney speaking, free cupcakes, and an awesome fireworks show to end the night.
* If you had a friend visiting a Disney park or sailing on Disney Cruise Line for the first time, what tip(s) would you give them?
Disney Parks tips: Don't try to stick to some pre-planned schedule for every minute of your day. Take it all in and enjoy it. Be flexible. Expect crowds. If you can afford it, enjoy the restaurants in the park...we've had some of our best dining experiences there.
Disney Cruise Line tips: Utilize the Navigator to figure out what you want to do but remember you can't do everything. Don't miss the shows if at all possible, they are truly like a Broadway show! If you are traveling as a family, try to take time for yourself as a couple to enjoy some of the adult-only things that Disney Cruise has to offer, such as Palo's or Remy's. Both are very much worth it!
Thank you for sharing, Annette! Great memories and great tips.
Have a magical day!


No comments:
Post a Comment