Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday with Friends - Jennifer Dowling


Hello again, here we are at the start of another week. And since it's Sunday, you know what that means: Sunday with Friends!

So without further ado, here is our next Friend - Jennifer Dowling. Jennifer and I are colleagues at Mouse World Travel, and I was able to meet her and her daughter last March. She takes AWESOME pictures and is a super talented photographer.

* Hi, Jennifer! Tell us a bit about yourself.

I am Jennifer from Mouse World Travel. I am a mom of three kids ages 26, 22 and 10 and a new grandmother of a 4 month old.

I have had an interest in Disney pretty much my whole life, but only over the past 8 years have I gone on a regular basis. My first trip was in 1974, right before my 5th birthday, and only the Magic Kingdom was open then. I do have some memories of that trip, one being that I met my favorite character, Winnie the Pooh. I remember Pirates of the Caribbean and I remember the Haunted Mansion. I was also extremely disappointed that I couldn't go upstairs in the castle to see Cinderella's room.

I really wanted to ride Dumbo but it was back in the day where you only got so many tickets for attractions and my parents didn't want to "waste" one on Dumbo. It took nearly 25 years before I actually got on it. Not for lack of trying, either; I had tried a couple of other times but each time the ride would close for weather or some other issue before I got on.

Since my youngest daughter has been born we have gone almost yearly since she turned 2, and sometimes we try to go a second time if we can!

I went on my first Disney Cruise in 2011 and immediately fell in love with it and have been on four cruises, with another one in the books for next year.

* What is your favorite time of year to visit the Disney parks or sail Disney Cruise Line?

I don't really have a favorite time as I will go anytime I can. I think for decor I like the holidays the best. The best trip I took was where we arrived the day of the last Halloween party and attended that, then we cruised for 4 days and came back to the parks full of Christmas decorations. We then attended the 2nd Christmas party of the year. If you could work your trip to include both parties you really are getting the best of both worlds.

I have found my smoothest cruise sailings have been in September and I do like that, but all the cruises have been wonderful and I will go any time of year.

* If you had to pick your favorite attraction at Disney World or Disneyland, what would it be?

Pirates of the Caribbean is my favorite at both parks.

* Tell us a story about one of your favorite memories from your Disney vacation(s).

One year my youngest daughter was not wanting her picture taken. I believe she was 3 at the time. Every time we would stop for a picture she would hide her face or turn around. We made her get one at Epcot where she just scowled the nastiest look and when doing the special effects for the picture we added a Tink and it looks like she is giving Tin a mean and nasty look. We still laugh about that picture.

* If you had a friend visiting a Disney park or sailing on Disney Cruise Line for the first time, what tip(s) would you give them?

Since giving tips is my job, the very first tip I would give them is to book their vacation with a Mouse World Travel Agent!

Thank you for sharing, Jennifer!

(And remember -  if you'd like to participate as well - send me an email to katie@mouseworldtravel.com!)

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment