Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sunday with Friends - Jillian Slechta

Hello again, here we are at the start of another week. And since it's Sunday, you know what that means: Sunday with Friends!

So without further ado, here is our next Friend - Jillian Slechta.

* Hi, Jillian! Tell us a bit about yourself.

My name is Jillian, I tend to go by Jill outside of work. I am 31 years old. I have been married for 7 1/2 years to my husband. We have one little boy, one dog and a beta fish. We live in Ohio, about 15 miles from Cleveland. I have always been a Disney fan, the first movie I memorized was the Lion King, followed by Aladdin.

* What is your favorite time of year to visit the Disney parks?

I prefer the fall. The weather isn't so hot and sticky and the parks are not too crowded since most kids are in school.

* If you had to pick your favorite attraction at Disney World or Disneyland, what would it be?

Either Expedition Everest or Space Mountain. I love the fast rides. I cannot wait to try the Mine Ride.

* Tell us a story about one of your favorite memories from your Disney vacation(s).

My favorite memory is when I first visited the Magic Kingdom. It was my honeymoon and I had never been to any parks before. My husband had gone several times with his family, but it was all new to me. We walked down Main Street and I saw the Castle and I felt like the happiest person in the park. My heart fluttered and my eyes grew big. It didn't matter that I was 23, I felt 10 and couldn't wait to ride everything, see everything and experience the Disney Magic.

* If you had a friend visiting a Disney park or sailing on Disney Cruise Line for the first time, what tip(s) would you give them?

Pace yourself. Do not expect to be able to do everything in one day, or even one visit. The parks and ships are huge and have so much going on that it is easy to over-plan and put yourself on a tight schedule to try to get it all in. Pick a few "essential" activities and enjoy your vacation!

Thank you for sharing, Jillian!

(And remember -  if you'd like to participate as well - send me an email to katie@mouseworldtravel.com!)

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment