As part of the Movin with Mickey series, I want to check in with you all once a month on my personal progress and how I'm doing with my own journey to better fitness and health.
First, I'm tracking my steps using a FitBit and for the month of July, I walked a total of 134,435 steps. I'd like to get that closer to 200,000 steps each month (which is an average of 6,600 steps per day) so that is my goal for the month of August.
Weight is also coming off, which as been encouraging to see. I've lost about 6 pounds since July 1st, and have lost a total of 17". If losing weight is part of your fitness goal, make sure you take measurements in addition to your weight. There were a few weeks in July where maybe I'd not lost weight (or lost very little) but when I measured, I'd lose a few inches each week.
I've noticed that my energy level has gone way up this month, which has been awesome to see. I'm really seeing a difference in how I feel now that I'm not eating processed foods or tons of sugar. All very encouraging!
I'm starting to live by the 80/20 rule. That is, eating well 80% of the time and allowing yourself the 20% for treats, special occasions, etc. You have to live and so there will always be birthday parties, weddings, holidays, etc but if you can commit to making good food choices during most of your week, you're in good shape.
My goals for the next month are the following:
- Walk an average of 6,600 steps per day
- Start doing yoga again 2-3 times per week. I really enjoy yoga and I always feel good afterwards, so I'm going to add it in a few times a week.
- Start adding more variety of fruits and veggies to my diet. I am kind of in a blueberry / pepper / mushroom / lettuce rut with my fruits and veggies, so I want to branch out and add some more this month that are not my "norm."
What are your fitness goals? How'd you do in July? Please comment or share on our social media pages.
Have a magical day!

No comments:
Post a Comment