Hello, everyone! Hope you all had a magnificent weekend! If you followed along on our Facebook page, you saw ALL the great and wonderful news coming out of Anaheim and the D23 event. I'll do a recap later this week, but it's time for a Movin with Mickey progress report so I didn't want to neglect that.
I wanted to give you a general update on how the Movin with Mickey is going - short answer, it's great! In the last 6 weeks I've lost over 9 lbs so that's been great to see. Some of my clothes are starting to get loose, which is always fun!
I am not doing so great on my plan to do yoga a few times a week but am planning on doing that this week. I always feel great after I do it, I just need to make the time.
I also wanted to give an update on how I'm planning on following my eating and exercise plan while on Disney Cruise Line. For those of you who might not know - in early September I am going on a 10 night cruise on the Disney Wonder from Vancouver to Honolulu, Hawaii. I want to enjoy my vacation but not put myself behind fitness and eating wise, so here is my plan:
* Walk around Deck 4 every day for 2-3 miles.
On the Classic ships (the Wonder and the Magic), three times around Deck 4 is a mile. It's also one of my favorite parts of DCL, such a great place to relax and watch the world go by. I plan on walking every morning or at some point during every day, as both a way to relax and get in some exercise.
* Make sure I get all my fruits and veggies in during the day.
At meals and for snacks, I'll make sure I continue to choose lots of fruits and vegetables like I do at home. One of the great things is not only are there lots of healthy choices available in the dining rooms, you can also get walk-up fruits and veggies as well from the quick service locations on deck.
*ENJOY myself on vacation!
I am not using vacation as an excuse to go wild and throw away the progress I've made - but I also realize that vacations are special, and so I'll enjoy the treats I'll have. Some of my favorite breakfast items on DCL are the Mickey waffles and the Eggs Benedict. I will still enjoy those, but perhaps every other day instead of every morning. I also plan on having a dessert at dinner each night, so perhaps I'll not have the soup or appetizer course each night as well. I'll continue to make good choices while not stressing out about it, because where's the fun in that?
How are you all doing on your fitness and health journeys?
Have a magical day!
No comments:
Post a Comment