I wanted to check in and do a quick re-cap of my day at Disney Springs and WDW.
I left Ft Myers around 8:30AM, and arrived at Animal Kingdom Lodge about 11AM. After wandering around and taking some pictures, I went to Sanaa in the Kidani area of Animal Kingdom Lodge for a delicious lunch.
Sanaa has an AMAZING bread service appetizer where you get varieties of naan bread and a choice of spreads. It's my favorite thing there, and so I made a meal of that and then some of the cold salads they offer as well. I had a table where I could see outside and so as I ate, saw giraffes and other animals at the Lodge.
I then went to Orlando International Airport and picked up my friend and colleague Lisa. It was really great to see her, and after collecting her luggage we drove to Disney Springs.
I hadn't been to the Springs since their newest shopping area opened, and let me say - it did NOT disappoint. Gorgeous! It resembles an outdoor mall (most of the malls and shopping areas down here in Florida are outside) and has lots of great shopping and restaurants options.
Lisa and I decided to grab a snack before we started walking around, so we went to the Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar, near the Boathouse restaurant. Let me tell you - it was so great! The atmosphere in there is wonderful, and they have an extensive drink menu with both alcoholic and nonalcoholic options. We each got a drink and split a flatbread pizza with shrimp, bacon, tomatoes and a pesto on a very crispy crust. A great way to start the afternoon!
We spent the afternoon wandering around and going in the stores, shopping and checking out the newer places at Disney Springs. One of the things I love is they now have more walkways and paths to get from A to B. One of the problems with Disney Springs (Downtown Disney) in the past has been if you wanted to get from one side of the area to another, you only had one option and it was a long trek, AND got crowded easily when there were lots of people in a small area. I feel like these new pathways are going to help alleviate those issues.
We'd worked up an appetite sweating and walking around, so we decided to end our night by going to
the new D-Luxe Burger. OH MY GOODNESS. This did NOT disappoint. They have a good menu of burgers, fries and shakes. It was pretty crowded and with good reason - this was one of the best burgers I've had in a LONG time. Perfectly cooked, juicy and with great toppings. I would totally recommend this place to anyone if you're looking for a great burger meal.
We left Disney Springs around 7PM, and I dropped Lisa off at her hotel. I then made my way back to Ft Myers, and got home around 10PM.
It was an amazing day; so great to see Lisa and spend time with her. It was hot walking around Disney Springs but we had such a great time. I love being this close to Disney to where I can do quick day trips, and spend time with friends.
Hope you all have a great day!




No comments:
Post a Comment