One of my FAVORITE experiences in all of Walt Disney World is the Kilimanjaro Safari at Disney's Animal Kingdom park. There are many reasons to love this attraction but to me, one of the best reasons is that it's truly different every time you do it! You never know what animals are going to be out and about, who you'll see and who will be hiding from you.
Case in point: This past February I was able to finally take a picture of this handsome fellow, the lion. On every other trip I've taken with the Safari, he was hiding, or napping in an obscure place, or being anti-social and not wanting his picture taken (maybe he was having a "bad mane day"). But on this trip, success!
(And here's a tip: if you're going to Animal Kingdom when it's especially hot, go on your safari early in the day. As the day gets hotter the animals often retreat to cooler places within their reserve and during the afternoon, you might not see as many of them.)
What animal would you love to see on safari?

I haven't yet seen the lion up and about. I have always tried getting there early but I've heard that doing the latest safari possible is also a good strategy since the animals know it's getting close to dinner time and/or going in for the night. Think I will try that on the next trip and see if I have any luck!
ReplyDeleteGood tip, Katie! Yes, please try that out and let us know if that works for you. Sounds like a great idea!
DeleteWe have taken the last safari of the day and it was fantastic! We were literally the last vehicle and so we could stop and watch without worrying about holding up traffic. The hippos were out of the water and headed in and we got to see the male elephant walk across the bridge (you know when you go through the clay pits there is a bridge overhead, it connects to the regular elephant vieewing area with the small area across from monkeny point) headed in. The lion was up and roaring as if to say "Where's my dinner?!?!"
DeleteAwesome, Jill! That is so cool!
Delete