Friday, June 13, 2014

Pre-Trip Report: My Dining Choices, Finalized!

Hello readers!  Time for another Pre-Trip update.  Let's talk food!

After much hemming and hawing (and a creation of a dining spreadsheet - yep I am *that* kind of crazy), I have decided on the following Table Service Dining Reservations for my upcoming Labor Day week trip.  I made my decisions based on my earlier list of places I've never been (you can read that again here), as I am on a quest to eat at each of the Table Service locations on Disney World property.

So without further ado, here is where I will be breaking bread in approximately 80 days:

* Hollywood & Vine, Disney's Hollywood Studios (Dinner) 


I chose this location for two reasons. First, this is the only table service restaurant at Hollywood Studios that I haven't been to, and have been wanting to try it.  I hesitated because I erroneously thought that all meals at this location were Character meals, but only Breakfast and Lunch are. Dinner is a buffet format and the food looks good.

Second, I chose it because I was able to make a Fantasmic! dinner package with this reservation.  It's still 1 Table Service credit and with your meal, you are given a voucher for a special reserved seating area at Fantasmic!, the night show at Hollywood Studios.  I haven't been to this show in about a year and it's my absolute favorite.  It tends to fill up fast and as there are only a few showings a week in the summer, you need to get there about an hour early to get in line.  However, with the voucher I will only have to get in line about 20-30 minutes ahead of time, which is nice.

* Liberty Tree Tavern, Magic Kingdom (Lunch)


Liberty Tree Tavern is one of the places that I have heard rave reviews about, and I am excited to try it. The fare is pretty basic (salads and sandwiches) but a quick look at the menu and I think I'll really like it. Plus, I have to try the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake that people RAVE about.







* Les Chefs de France, EPCOT (Lunch)

Les Chefs has been on my dining list for some time now, and I've just never made it there.  Everything on the menu looks good to me, in particular the macaroni and cheese, made with Gruyere.  Delish.


                                                             

* Maya Grill, Disney's Coronado Springs Resort (Dinner)

I added Maya Grill to the list because I am staying at Coronado Springs, where this restaurant is located.  It's on my list of "never done" so what better time to try it than when I am staying there.  I am going to dine here on my last evening at Disney, the night before I head out on the Disney Dream.


So there you have it!  My table service dining for this upcoming trip.  What do you think of my choices?  If you've eaten at any (or all!) of them before, share here and on the Facebook page; what menu items are your favorites?

Have a magical day!

All images from the Walt Disney Corporation.



No comments:

Post a Comment