The next day was the first full day of the cruise, and was also the day we were docked in Nassau.
If you clicked on this blog post expecting to be regaled with pictures of Nassau.....I'm sorry to disappoint you. The boat was indeed docked in Nassau for the day, but since we'd been there before, we decided to stay on the boat and explore all it had to offer.
Since I have signed up for the Expedition Everest 5K, I am jogging 3-4 times a week to get ready. I didn't want to skip those days while on the boat, so I quietly got ready as Noah slept, plugged in my headphones and made my way to Deck 4.
I LOVE Deck 4 for some many reasons, but one is that it's also a walking/jogging track around the ship. Three times around is one mile. There is exercise equipment inside, in the spa, but I prefer to be on Deck 4 in the lovely air and sunshine.
After a nice walk/jog, I made my way up to Senses Spa on Deck 9 for my morning appointment, a hot stone massage.
I don't have any pictures of this, for obvious reasons, but suffice it to say - it was HEAVEN. Oh goodness it was marvelous. I had a hot stone massage before, at the spa we have in town, but this one was just fantastic. The gal who did the massage had to wake me at the end, I had drifted off to a light sleep. It was perfect and a great way to start the day.
(Tip: If you have an early spa appointment, don't worry about showering and getting ready beforehand. They use oils in the massages and so it'd be a waste of time to shower and put your make up on.)
After the spa, I met Sadie for breakfast at Cabanas, and then I headed back toward the room to get ready for the day.
Noah was still asleep when we got there about 9:30; the thing about an Inside Stateroom is that with no windows, it's pretty dark. This is good for sleeping but the downside is you really don't know what time it is - he was surprised it was that late in the morning. He then went to meet Sam and Jacob for the day, and after showering I met up with Sadie and we walked around, taking more pictures of the ship.
(On Disney Cruise Line, even the carpets are swanky!)
I love all the little seating areas they have around the ship...
Here is the Buena Vista Theatre, where you can view movies.
That day's movie selection:
If you've had pictures taken on board, you pick then up at Shutters.
At DLounge they have lots of family events; games, dance parties, trivia contests, etc.
There is a hallway with gorgeous artwork that you can purchase and they'll ship home for you. I contemplated MORE than one of these beauties but decided to wait for another time.
Looking to get your shop on? Head to Mickey's Mainsail and White Caps.
In the Walt Disney Theatre they show the stage shows each night.
I mean, even the HALLWAYS are gorgeous!
The Promenade Lounge is a neat place to grab a drink before dinner; they also have musicians there during the cruise.
We then headed down to the After Hours section to snap a few pictures of the clubs and lounges.
This was Fathoms (as in, "....a mermaid be waiting for you, in mysterious fathoms below." Anyone know what movie that's from?)
This is Keys, a gorgeous piano lounge. Scott, Wendy and I went to a wine tasting there later that day.
The boys spent a good amount of time during the day at O'Gills Pub, playing card games and hanging out. The nice thing about the lounges is that even though they are adults-only at night, they are open to anyone during the day and are a great place to relax for a bit.
The elevators here are so pretty:
We then made our way up to Deck 9, just outside of the spa.
(I would LOVE those chairs; I have the *perfect* spot for them in my new house!)
Up next - we hit the pool!



No comments:
Post a Comment