Monday, February 10, 2014

Trip Report Day Three: Hanging out at Pop Century!

Happy Monday, everyone!  I hope you have a great weekend.

When we last left the Trip Report, Noah and I were headed back to Pop Century to rest for a few hours.  We were meeting my friend Katie and her family for New Years Eve dinner and knew we were going to have a late night, so we headed back to rest a bit.

Noah went to the room to take a nap, and I decided to walk around a bit.

First stop: Everything Pop for a look around the store.


(I think about buying a watch nearly every trip....and then I remember I have about 5 watches I don't wear.   Hmm.)


Sweet treats!  You can use your dining plan Snack Credits for many of these, so be sure to keep a few extra credits!


Cute hair accessories (would ya judge me if I wore that big pink bow?!)



I've thought about getting these dolls for my nieces...aren't they adorable?!



Another Pop Christmas Tree!



I decided to walk a bit outside, since the sun had come out.  It wasn't terribly warm (it was in the low 70s, if I remember) but it was certainly warmer than home and the sun was out, so I wanted to be outside.



There are always fun pool-side activities going on.



Apparently the POP sign was getting a bit dingy, so it was time to paint!  They had the non-painted areas taped up pretty well - what a job!


I took a minute to look at one of the Vinylmations I bought at Animal Kingdom - this is titled "Tigger, Is That You?"  :)


I took the "scenic route" back to our room, and on the way I snapped some pictures of the Art of Animation rooms, across the water from Pop.  I am staying there for a night in March, and very excited to see it!

There are "normal" Little Mermaid theme rooms, and then there are Family Suites decorated in the Lion King, Finding Nemo and Cars.  It's one of Disney's newest resorts and looks just gorgeous.









On the paths at Pop, there are all sorts of signs giving fun pop-culture and historical events of the section you're in.  Since we were in the 1950s section, we saw one from 1955.


It was time to head back to the room and get ready to meet Katie and her family at Downtown Disney.  We wanted to meet up for a bit, before our dinner at OHana, so I made my way back to the room to get ready to head Downtown!

We were in the section right next to the jukebox. 



Also right next to one of the pools!


(Our room was right by the radio, thus the reason I took this picture.)





That's it for now, folks!  Next time, we talk about New Years Eve and OHana!  (Or, The Story of How Katie Messed Up Taking Really Cool Fireworks Pictures.)

See ya real soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment