After I did some walking around, I spoke with Katie and we decided to meet at Downtown Disney. Noah and I had another quick bus ride (again, had GREAT bus karma) and were at Downtown Disney in no time.
And OH I almost forgot this little beauty; while I was taking a stroll around Pop, I decided to get this little piece of heaven, and sit by the pool for a few minutes. Spoiler alert, it was awesome.
We went in a few stores before we met up with Katie and her family; I was so engrossed, I took no pictures.
I know. I know.
I did manage to get one of this entrance to World of Disney.
Noah wasn't feeling the greatest (he ended up being just fine) and so he wanted to go back to the room and rest before dinner. I met with Katie and her family, and we walked around the Lego store and World of Disney for a bit.
I then headed back to Pop, grabbed a snack as we weren't having dinner until 9PM and Noah and I watched TV until it was time to catch the cab for dinner.
We chose to get a cab to the Polynesian, because there isn't resort-to-resort bus service at Disney. We could have taken a bus to Magic Kingdom, and then rode the monorail over to the Poly, but I figured with it being New Years Eve the transportation would be a madhouse, so we opted for a cab.
We got to Pop with about 1/2 hour to spare, so Noah and I looked around their store for a bit, and I bought a very cute shirt. and a Polynesian window cling for my car (they are making more resort-specific merchandise, which the fan community has been asking for for a while. Hopefully they add more.)
We then sat down in the lounge/bar area to wait for Katie and her family. It was at this point that I discovered my mistake.
When Noah and I were hanging out in the room until our cab came, I thought "You'd better charge that camera battery, because you've been using it for 2 days. You don't want to be running out of juice before the fireworks."
So I schlepped the camera bag and assorted accouterments to the Poly, and got out the camera so I could get the settings just right for fireworks.
And then (you probably guessed it) I realized that the camera and lenses were with me, but the battery was back in the room at Pop.
GRRRRRR.
It was too late to go back and get it, so instead of having semi-decent good camera pictures of fireworks, you're going to see semi-not-great iPhone pictures of fireworks.
The meal was delicious, and the company was great. Katie's youngest was getting tired, so he and Katie's husband went back to their room. Noah was pretty tired as well, and knowing we'd have a long day tomorrow he went back to the room, to sleep.
Katie, her oldest son and I went down the beach at the Polynesian to stake out our spots for the fireworks. The music was going, the pool bar was serving, and it was a very festive atmosphere.
The beach at the Poly is one of the BEST ways to see the fireworks. They pipe in the music from the Magic Kingdom, and you can see the fireworks over the castle. It's magical, AND you don't have to deal with 75,000 other people at Magic Kingdom. You can get to the Poly via the monorail, but if you're driving, you need a dining reservation in order to park in their lot on New Years Eve, 4th of July, or any other major holiday where they do fireworks.
(No, that 75,000 number isn't an exaggeration. It's a sea of humanity over there on New Years!)
So prepare to be dazzled by these iPhone pictures......:)
The fireworks really were spectacular. A Disney fireworks show will ruin you on all others; they are just fabulous.
Katie was very sweet and since she had her car, gave me a ride back to Pop. That cut the commute back to the hotel by about an hour and a half. Not kidding.
Katie and I said our goodbyes, and then I went back to the room and sleep. Noah and I were getting up the next morning to head to Ft Myers to surprise our cousins for the 2nd leg of our trip, the cruise on the Magic!




No comments:
Post a Comment